The Monroe County History Center is reopening to the public on June 23 at limited capacity and by appointment in the Research Library.
Our staff will continue to serve the public remotely by responding to phone calls and email requests.
Tuesdays through Fridays, 10:00 am to 3:30 pm
June 23 through July 25:
- Appointments are required to visit the Research Library. Visitors are limited to no more than three (3) people at any one time. Masks and gloves required to handle resources. Gloves will be provided.
- Visiting groups are limited to 10 or less.
- Event and facility rental in the History Center Education Room limited to 25 with social distancing measures with no events or programs on Saturdays or museum-wide facility rentals.
Voluntary Health Screening
- All employees and volunteers will self-monitor how they feel and be aware of potential COVID-19 symptoms.
- If employees or volunteers are feeling ill, they will not report to work.
- Visitors should not visit the History Center if they are feeling ill.
- Signs are posted to remind visitors not to touch displays. Some interactive components are turned off or limited at this time.
- All hard surfaces and high-touch areas are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- High-touch surfaces are disinfected with recommended cleaners.
- The MCHC will open to the public during limited hours to accommodate extra cleaning of the building.
Social Distancing Protective Measures
- Masks are worn by all staff members and volunteers while in public areas.
- Visitors will be required to wear masks while visiting the History Center
- Appointments are required to visit the Research Library. Library patrons are required to wear masks while visiting.
- Social distancing of six feet should be observed. Signs are posted to encourage visitors to maintain appropriate social distances and to discourage visitors from touching displays or exhibits..
- Some interactive components are turned off or limited at this time to limit virus spread.
- Capacity at events and programs is limited to ensure social distancing.
Handwashing and Sanitizing
- Visitors are required to sanitize or wash their hands when they enter the building.
- Employees and volunteers will wash or sanitize their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the History Center