**Please read the following statements**
As a volunteer or intern of the Monroe County History Center. I will try to do the following to the best of my abilities. If I fail to do so I understand that I can be released from my duties.
• I will maintain contact with my supervisor(s).
• I will maintain a reasonable appearance.
• I will treat all patrons, volunteers, interns, and staff with the utmost respect and dignity.
• I will arrive at the desired location (History Center or elsewhere) at the previously arranged time. If I am unable to do so I will try to contact the History Center to notify someone.
• I understand that I can approach the Volunteer/Intern Coordinator with any problems that I may have regarding my duties or interpersonal relations relating to the History Center.
• I understand that I can approach the Executive Director or Board President if the Volunteer/Intern Coordinator can not solve the above mentioned problems.
• I have notified the Volunteer/Intern Coordinator of any special needs that I may have.
I certify that the statements made in this volunteer application are true and correct, and have been given voluntarily. I understand that misrepresentation is cause for dismissal. I understand that a background investigation check will be made whereby information is obtained through personal interviews, a criminal background check, and other sources that have information about me. I hereby grant permission and consent to any such verification and investigation, agree to cooperate in same, and release from all liability or responsibility all persons, organizations, companies and corporations collecting and supplying information. My services are donated to the Monroe County History Center without contemplation of compensation or future employment and given for charitable reasons. I understand that failure to follow MCHC policies and procedure may be cause for dismissal. I agree to uphold the MCHC mission of historical preservation, exhibitions and education through my actions and words. I also assume the risk of injury and all medical expense incurred from any injury resulting from my volunteer participation. I understand, acknowledge, and agree that I am not covered by Workers’ Compensation insurance or benefits provided thereunder and I do hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless the Monroe County History Center, its agents, representatives and employees, from any and all claims whatsoever, known or unknown, for damages or injuries to myself.