Winfred Hinkle established Hinkle’s Hamburgers at Tenth and Grant in 1930. After his death in 1947, his two brothers, Max and Leon, took over the management and, eventually, the ownership of the business. The three brothers were sons of Charles Hinkle and grandsons of Jonathan Marion “Marion” Hinkle. Meat seemed to course through the blood
Blog post by Randi Richardson Hinkle’s Hamburgers at 206 S. Adams Street has new owners and a new look. The business was purchased in March 2019 by Richie and Janna Shields. In early May, after a temporary closure to complete some updates, Hinkle’s was again open for business. Hinkle’s has a long history in Bloomington.